Saturday, October 25, 2008

My year 3 integrated project



microphone-pop holder views



holder with runner and sprues

I had done and presented my year 3 integrated project past one week. It was very challenging. It was a group project, 3 people in one group, 2 Chinese and 1 Malay. We had visited a factory in Puchong, they are mainly producing products with using plastic injection molding machine. We were going to investigate the production of the product which called microphone-pop holder, we studied its manufacturing process and the mold making process. Besides, we had to learn how its automation system was. We spent few weeks to complete the project. I did the product drawing and mold making process. Quite interesting in drawing part with using Autodesk Inventor software, but it was difficult when designed the mold. Really headache and stressed as I have to complete my personal numerical project while rushed for integrated project. Really thanks to my group mate helped me a lot as she allowed me to slow down the progress. Felt guilty too.

Finally we had done the report successfully in time. It was 86 pages report. We had to prepare the presentation and Q&A section. Be honestly, it is the first time that I prepared seriously as I was so down in the presentation rehearsal (I never did a rehearsal before for my previous projects), my presentation was rubbish! I disappointed my group members. Thus I decided to prepare well. I practiced and practiced the night before the day. It was not prefect but I did try my best. Really nervous and stressed while was waiting our group turn. Luckily, we could answer all the questions asked by lecturers. The valuable moral I learnt, no pain no gain!

Thanks and sorry to my group members.

No comments: